Soundwire Lets You Stream Windows Audio To Your Android
If you were ever wondering if you can stream audio from your desktop to your android device wirelessly ,well the search ends here
soundwire for android is an app that will allow you to stream any audio from windows to your android device
SoundWire lets you send any music or audio (“what you hear now”) from your Windows or Linux PC to your Android mobile devices. Use it as:
- A wireless extension of your PC-based music system
- A remote speaker or wireless headphones
- A way to listen to music and movies from your computer anywhere in your house or out on your deck.
This is not just another file streaming app… you can use any music player on your PC or laptop like Grooveshark, Spotify, YouTube, or iTunes and feed the live sound directly to your Android device. SoundWire lets you listen to the free versions of Grooveshark and Spotify on your phone.
SoundWire has low latency (audio delay), which means it can even be used to listen to the soundtrack of a movie or YouTube video while you watch (**Note you must adjust the buffer size in app settings for low latency). There are other uses too… SoundWire can work as a baby monitor or listening device with a computer such as a netbook that has a built-in microphone. Hook up turntables to your computer’s line input and stream a live DJ set to another part of the house over WiFi, or anywhere else over 3G/4G.
- Live audio capture and streaming
- Excellent sound quality (44.1 / 48 kHz stereo 16-bit, PCM or Opus compression)
- True low latency (unlike AirPlay, Airfoil)
- Easy to use
- Compression option greatly reduces network usage
- Stream music from PC to PC running x86 virtualized app (Linux/Windows)
- Save everything you hear to a file (MP3 or WAV)
if you are wondering why would someone wanna Stream windows audio to android well here are some benefits
- You can simply create a wireless music system within your home or at any other place.
- You can connect your android device to large speakers and stream your Windows audio to rock a party.
- Some large speakers might not fit into your PC desk, you can create a wireless speaker system that don’t needs to kept around your PC every time.
- You can turn your normal headphones into a wireless headphone for pc with android acting as a wireless headphone amp
Streaming Windows Audio to Android device
- all you need is a working wifi connection with pc and android both in same network
- you need soundwire desktop server on pc which can be downloaded for free at http://georgielabs.net/
- the soundwire app itself , the app is availible in free and pro version with pro having some latency advantages but free is worth a shot as well the app can be downloaded from playstore
connecting the server
- once the app is installed both on pc and android run the server and then run the app in android after that you can either enter ip address of the server or you can tap the auto detect button which will search the server automatically