How to root Micromax Canvas HD A116 Using Motochopper
How to root Micromax Canvas HD A116
A Short look at Micromax A116 Canvas HD Specifications:
- MediaTek MT6589 chipset
- 1.2 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex A7 CPU
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- 1 GB of RAM
- 5″ HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS (16.7 million colors) display
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps
- 2MP front facing camera
- 4 GB of internal storage
- up to 32 GB expandable memory via microSD card
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
Disclaimer: The tools, mentioned in this article belong to the respective owners or developers. Mediastaan.com or the author of this post will not be held responsible for any kind of damage happen to your device while following this tutorial. You are advised to follow this tutorial of rooting Micromax Canvas A116 at your own risk.
Things Required Before Trying To Root Micromax Canvas HD A116
Enable USB Debugging and run pdanet or moborobo to finish driver installation
Download Motochopper from here and extract it somewhere
How to root Micromax Canvas HD A116 :
- Enable USB Debugging:
- if you are on Android 4.1.2 then goto Settings>Developer Options>Now enable “USB debugging”
- if you are on Android 4.2.1 then goto Settings > About phone. Then move on to Build number option Tap on Build number repeatedly about 7 times. Next goto Settings>Developer Options>Now tick “USB debugging”
- Connect Your Phone TO PC via USB Cable
- Open “run.bat” from the “motochopper” folder.
- Press Enter.
- Wait for the process to finish. Once it is done it will say “Exploit Complete” Next hit enter so that your Phone Reboots. Once rebooted, you should see “SuperSU” in your App Drawer.
- Your phone is now rooted.
still unable to root ? drop a comment below and we’ll try to help you in anyways we can