‘Android Device Manager’ by Google Can Help You Locate your Lost Android Phone
Have you ever lost or got your phone stolen wondering what to do now.The new Android
Device Manager by google
can help you out. It’s one of a few simple features you can use to keep your device—and the data you store inside safe and secure. Although there are a few apps that provide similar functionality on playstore
but this one comes from official
What It Does:
- With Android Device Manager, you can find your Android phone or tablet by quickly ringing it at maximum volume even if the device has been silenced.
- You can also locate the device on a map in real-time if it is out of your reach, perhaps left in a cab or a restaurant.
- It shows information like when the device was last located, last used and the area where it is likely present.
- if you’re unable to recover your stolen phone then you can quickly wipe all the data on the device, to stay safe and secure.
- You can also track your stolen device via a web interface which will require you to login into your google account or you can use a google app that will let you do the same
When Will it be available
The service will be available later this month on devices running Android 2.2 or above; to use it, you also will need to be signed into your Google Account. There will also be an Android app
to allow you to easily find and manage your devices.